October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month, a global effort to help everyone stay safe and protected when using technology whenever and however you connect. Peoples Bank is proud to champion this online safety and education initiative this October.
There are all kinds of ways to stay safe and secure online but even just practicing these cybersecurity basics can make a huge difference:
1. Turn on Multifactor Authentication
2. Recognize and Report Phishing
3. Use Strong Passwords and a Password Manager
4. Update Your Software
The cybersecurity and digital privacy of our employees and customers is important to Peoples Bank!
· Make it harder for cybercriminals to compromise your accounts by enabling multifactor authentication. #CybersecurityAwarenessMonth #SecureOurWorld #MFA
· #SecureOurWorld world like a pro! Multifactor authentication adds an extra layer of protection to your accounts, making it harder for hackers to get in. Stay one step ahead and lock them out.
· Where should you use MFA?
1. On accounts with your financial info like banks and online stores
2. On accounts with personal info, like social media and healthcare apps
3. On accounts with info you use for work
TLDR: Use MFA everywhere!
· Passwords are the frontline gatekeepers of your online kingdom! But why settle for one line of defense when you can have two? Multifactor authentication doubles the security, making your accounts much more fortified. Keep the baddies at bay! #SecureOurWorld #CybersecurityAwarenessMont
· There's no one like you in the whole world... except the cybercriminal with your password. Don't get hacked. Use multifactor authentication! #CybersecurityAwarenessMonth #SecureOurWorld
· Reporting a scam helps warn others against cyber incidents. Don't hesitate to call out phishing attempts. #CybersecurityAwarenessMonth #SecureOurWorld
· Most cyber incidents start with a phish. To stop it, report it. #CybersecurityAwarenessMonth
· Tips for Spotting a Phishing Attempt: 1) They create a sense of urgency or claim to need help. 2) They ask for personal or financial info. 3) They want you to download a file or click on a link. Don’t take the bait! #CybersecurityAwarenessMonth #SecureOurWorld
· Think before you click! Phishing emails disguise themselves as harmless messages, but they're dangerous digital piranhas swimming in your inbox. Stay vigilant, spot the signs, and report suspicious emails. Together, we can stay safe! #SecureOurWorld #CybersecurityAwarenessMonth
· Don't get hooked! Phishing emails are sneaky bait trying to reel you in. Learn how to spot and report them. #SecureOurWorld #CybersecurityAwarenessMonth
· Your inbox is your fortress! Phishing emails try to breach your defenses, but you can outsmart them. Learn the telltale signs of phishing, such as misspellings, suspicious attachments, or urgent requests, and report those fraudulent messages. Protect yourself and others! #SecureOurWorld #CybersecurityAwarenessMonth
Passwords and password managers
· Did you know the average person has more than 100 passwords at any given time? Here’s an easy pro tip: a Password Manager can help you create strong, unique passwords for each account. #CybersecurityAwarenessMonth #SecureOurWorld #passwordsecurity
· No matter the account, all #passwords should be created with these 3 words in mind: Long (126 characters) Unique (never reuse passwords) and Complex (a combination of upper- and lower-case letters, numbers, and special characters) #CybersecurityAwarenessMonth #SecureOurWorld
· What are the advantages of a password manager? They...
o Save time
o Generate strong passwords
o Identify weak passwords
· Organize your ever-growing list of online accounts with a password manager. They can manage all your online credentials like usernames and passwords, storing them in a safe, encrypted database and generating new ones when needed. #CybersecurityAwarenessMonth #SecureOurWorld
· Lock it up! Strong passwords are your first line of defense against cyber threats. Don't settle for weak combinations. Create unique and complex passwords for each account and consider using a password manager for added convenience and security. #SecureOurWorld #CybersecurityAwarenessMonth
· Avoid common password pitfalls! Hackers love easy targets, so don't make it easy for them. Say no to password123 or QWERTY. Opt for unique and complex passwords – let a password manager do the heavy lifting for you. It's time to level up your security. #SecureOurWorld #CybersecurityAwarenessMonth
· #CybersecurityAwarenessMonth Tip: If you connect it, protect it. Outsmart cyber criminals by regularly updating your software. #SecureOurWorld #CybersecurityAwarenessMonth
· Any device that connects to the internet is vulnerable to risks. The best defense is to keep device security software, web browser and operating systems up to date. Turn on auto-updates! #CybersecurityAwarenessMonth #SecureOurWorld
· All those update alerts from your software are important to install! Not only do they fix things that might be buggy, but they also patch up any security flaws. #CybersecurityAwarenessMonth #SecureOurWorld
· Pay attention to software update alerts and set your software to auto-update–it’s an easy way to keep things safe. Set it and forget it! #CybersecurityAwarenessMonth #SecureOurWorld
· Outsmart cyber threats! Hackers are always looking for vulnerabilities to exploit. Stay ahead by enabling automatic software updates. Stay safe, stay updated! #SecureOurWorld #CybersecurityAwarenessMonth
· The power of timely updates! Automatic software updates work silently to protect your devices. Say goodbye to outdated software and embrace the power of the latest features, enhanced performance, and tightened security. #SecureOurWorld #CybersecurityAwarenessMonth
login to online banking accounts
Main Office 606-436-2161
Lost or Stolen MasterCard 1-800-528-2273
Telephone Banking 606-487-7150
Member FDIC | Equal Housing Lender
©Copyright 2023 Peoples Bank and Trust.
Your privacy is very important to us. We would like to advise you that Internet email is not secure. Please do not submit any information that you consider confidential. We recommend you do not include your social security or account number or other specific identifying information.
You are leaving Peoples Bank & Trust Company's website and linking to a third party site. Please be advised that you will then link to a website hosted by another party, where you will no longer be subject to, or under the protection of, the privacy and security policies of Peoples Bank & Trust Company. We recommend that you review and evaluate the privacy and security policies of the site that you are entering. Peoples Bank & Trust Company assumes no liability for the content, information, security, policies or transactions provided by these other sites.